An epilator is a device that removes hair from the roots by plucking it out. It can be used on different parts of the body, including the face. However, using an epilator may cause some ingrown hairs, which are hairs that grow back into the skin instead of outwards. This can lead to pimples, cysts, or infections. Here are some tips on how to prevent and treat ingrown hairs after epilator.
How to Prevent Ingrown Hairs After Epilator
To prevent ingrown hairs after epilator, you should follow these steps:
- Exfoliate your skin before using an epilator to remove dead skin cells and prevent ingrown hairs .
- Use a low speed setting and move the device slowly across your face in the direction of hair growth .
- Do not press the device against your skin or move it too fast .
- Apply ice before and after using an epilator to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Moisturize your skin after using an epilator to soothe irritation .
- Clean your epilator after each use with alcohol and store it in a dry place .
How to Treat Ingrown Hairs After Epilator
To treat ingrown hairs after epilator, you should follow these steps:
- Rinse your skin with warm water to keep your pores open.
- Soothe your skin with moisturizer or antiseptic cream.
- Use gentle and nourishing products that are alcohol-free and fragrance-free.
- Wear loose clothing that does not put pressure on your skin.
- Consult a dermatologist if you have severe or persistent ingrown hairs or signs of infection.
Using an epilator on your face can have some benefits such as smoothness, less pain, and less irritation. However, it also has some risks such as pain, redness, swelling, ingrown hairs, bleeding, bumps, accidents, etc. You should be careful when using an epilator on your face and follow some tips to avoid these side effects.